Sunday, April 19, 2009

DVD collection

I admit I have a lot of DVDS. I mean I know I do not need them but I like them. That being said, I have decided to donate some of my kid friendly DVDs to Carrie's work. These are DVDs I have not watched in a long time and the kids at Carrie's work get more out of them than I ever did. These kids are having procedures done to them that take a LONG time. I have found no bigger thrill than to know that those kids are enjoying something that came from me. Something that can take there mind off what is being done.
In the past, I would sell items like these on Amazon. I wanted the money to use to buy more DVDS. I came to the realization that by helping those kids, I get much greater satisfaction than I ever did selling the DVDS.
You all know the feeling you get when you buy your child a Christmas or birthday present. When you donate to BCM(BSU) or give to the church. I hope you all continue to do these things. At the very least give a kind word or help somebody out when they need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment