Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Children

Sometimes it is hard knowing that I may not ever be a father. I think of that often. I am not sure why that has not happened for us yet. I mean I see day in and day out parents that are not fit to be parents and I always think "how come they have a child and I don't?" Sometimes I feel selfish to feel that way, but it is tough.

On the flip, I am so thankful for my friends that have kids. I am glad I can spend time with those kids and love them. I doubt I love them like I would love my own because I cannot imagine that feeling, but I do love them.

I am also thankful to have a job where I can be there for my kids (students). I can be the "daddy" they may not have.

Sometimes I need to just take a step back and enjoy what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment